Flooded Basement Water Removal in Readington Township, NJ
Get 24/7 Flooded Basement Cleanup Near Readington Township!
Basement flooding in Readington Township, NJ is much more common than local homeowners would like. With an estimated 98% of basements flooding or sustaining water damage at some point in their lifetime, it's almost impossible to avoid a flooded basement cleanup in your home.
Whatever the cause of the water in your basement in Readington Township, immediate water removal is needed to help prevent mold growth, mildew, unwanted odors, or structural issues.
For Immediate Assistance, Call Our Office 24/7 - 908-788-8770
Local Flooded Basement Water Removal Services in Readington Township, NJ
Free Water Removal Estimates
We Handle The Insurance Process
Mold Remediation Services
We Can Handle Cleanup and Repairs
The team at SERVPRO of Greater Hunterdon County works hard to restore your flooded basement to pre-damage conditions. Our highly trained and certified technicians have all the needed training, experience, and resources to make flooding in your Readington Township basement "Like it never even happened."
Basement flooding always seems to strike at a random time, but that's why SERVPRO of Greater Hunterdon County is open 24 hours a day to provide immediate emergency services. Our fast response is essential in preventing further damages to your property.
When crews arrive on site, they immediately begin removing the water from your basement using commercial grade water extractors and water pumps. Our flood cleanup process ensures that no water is left behind.
Once all standing water is extracted, commercial grade fans and dehumidifiers are set up to remove all moisture from the basement. Depending on the extent of your damages and the type of basement, carpet may need to be removed or walls opened to aid in the drying process.
Once your basement is dry, our team cleans, sanitizes, and disinfects the affected areas with an antimicrobial to ensure bacteria and mold spores are not present and prevent musty odors. If needed, our team can perform mold remediation services as well.
What To Do When Your Basement Floods in Readington Township, NJ
When you're dealing with flooding in your basement, take the following steps as soon as possible to prevent further flood damage.
1. Be Aware of Potential Safety Hazards
When flooding occurs, there can be electrical hazards, gas heating hazards, or even contaminated flood water in your basement which can make you ill. Before you enter your basement, you should be aware of any electrical or heating components submerged in water. If needed, turn them off or contact professionals if you cannot do so yourself.
2. Stop the Source of Water
Depending on the source of flooding you may be able to stop more water from entering your basement and minimize flood damages.
- When flooding is due to a burst pipe, leaking pipe, or toilet overflow - Turn off the main water valve to stop the flow of water.
- When flooding is due to a leaking appliance such as a washing machine, dishwasher, or water heater, stop using it and disconnect it from power.
- When flooding is due to heavy rain and groundwater seeping into the basement, wait until the storm has stopped to begin cleaning up. If you don't, you'll have to clean up all over again.
3. Dry Out the Basement
It's highly important to completely dry out your basement after it floods to prevent mold growth, mildew, unwanted odors, or structural problems. Depending on the amount of water in your basement, you may not be able to accomplish this yourself.
In those cases, SERVPRO of Greater Hunterdon County can provide 24/7 emergency basement flooding cleanup near Readington Township and the surrounding towns.
Common Causes of Basement Water Damage
The most common causes of flooded basements include:
- Frozen, leaking, or burst pipes
- Water heater leaks
- Appliance line leaks
- Groundwater seeping through basement walls or floors
- Sump pump failures or malfunctions
- Clogged drainage systems
When Should You Call A Professional For Flooded Basement Cleanup?
Before you Google "Flooded basement water removal near me", you may debate whether or not you need the help of a professional water damage restoration company in Readington Township.
You should leave flooded basement water removal in New Jersey to the professionals when:
- You're dealing with a sewage backup
- Water is from a contaminated source such as a nearby overflowing river
- Water has affected finished parts of your basement, such as carpeting or laminate flooring
- You can tell there is residual moisture in walls or ceilings
- There is visible mold growth on basement walls, floors, or furniture