Furnace Puffback Cleanup in Flemington, NJ
A puffback occurs when your furnace misfires due to built up unburned fuels build up in the combustion chamber. The explosion inside of your heating system causes smoke and soot to be spread around your entire home. The result is sticky, black soot and smoke residues covering walls, floors, ceilings, and furniture.
The soot and smoke damage caused by a puffback in your Flemington home can be rapidly cleaned and restored by SERVPRO of Greater Hunterdon County. When you need professional furnace puffback cleanup services, we're Here to Help!
What You Should Do After A Puffback
After a puffback in your home or business, there are steps you can take to prevent further property damage.
- Do NOT clean soot and smoke yourself - Incorrectly cleaning soot and smoke damage makes the problem worse. Scrubbing walls, washing them, or washing fabric items yourself will only make it harder and more costly for proper restoration.
- Avoid touching affected surfaces - The oils from your skin on on soot or smoke residues can make them worse and spread the particles around your home.
- Turn off the heating system & have it repaired - To prevent further soot and smoke damage, turn off your heating system and don't use it again until it has been repaired and cleaned.
- File an insurance claim - Puffback cleanup services are usually covered by your insurance company when your furnace misfires.
- Contact a local puffback cleanup company - SERVPRO of Greater Hunterdon County can cleanup after a puffback in your Flemington home. As fire and smoke damage restoration specialists, our team is properly trained and equipped to handle your soot cleanup.
Puffback Cleanup & Restoration Services
SERVPRO of Greater Hunterdon County has provided puffback cleanup services to numerous homes and businesses across New Jersey. When you call us, you can expect your soot and smoke damage to be "Like it never even happened."
Puffback Cleanup Process:
- Inspection & damage assessment - A Project Manager will meet on site to inspect the damages to your property. From there, a specialized puffback cleanup plan is created to restore your home. Your Project Manager will explain the clean up and deodorization process, along with any timelines or important information regarding your loss.
- Equipment - HEPA filer air scrubbers are setup to begin filtering smoke and soot particles from the air. These particles must be removed for complete cleanup and odor removal.
- Soot & smoke cleaning of structure - The team at SERVPRO of Greater Hunterdon County cleans every surface of your property with specialized soot and smoke equipment. This includes walls, floors, ceilings, furniture, and items around your home.
- Fabric restoration - Upholstered or fabric items are cleaned with the goal of recovering them.
- Air duct cleaning - Without air duct cleaning, soot and smoke can cover your home again the second your turn your heating system on.
- Restoration - Our in-house construction team takes over to make any needed repairs or touch-up painting to ensure your home is truly restored to pre-damage conditions.